..... Cindy Abbott

The Town Clerk is elected at the Freedom Town Meeting for a term of one year and is responsible for keeping town records and recording new births, marriages, and deaths. She also issues licenses including marriage licenses, dog licenses, and hunting and fishing licenses.

Licenses are available from the Town Clerk at the Town Office.

To obtain a MARRIAGE LICENSE a couple must apply to the Town Clerk. Fee is $40 per couple. The license is good for 90 days.

DOG LICENSE: All dogs over 6 months old must be licensed each year by January 1. Licenses are valid until December 31. After January 31, there is a $25 late fee. To obtain a license a dog must have had a current rabies shot. Fee per dog is $11.00. The fee for a spayed female or neutered male is reduced to $6 per dog. A dog kennel must also be licensed. A kennel license is $57 (maximum 10 dogs per kennel license). Dog licenses can also be obtained online at www10.informe.org/dog_license/ from October 15 to January 30. After that date licenses must be obtained at the Town Office and the late fee paid.

HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES are also available from the Town Clerk.

Resident Hunting License: $25 +$2
Resident Fishing License: $25 +$2
Resident Hunting/Fishing License: $43 + $2

Non-resident Hunting License: $115 +$2
Non-resident Fishing License: $64 +$2
Non-resident Hunting/Fishing License: $150 + $2

Call about other licenses such as: Crossbow, Archery, Small Game, Muzzleloading, Migratory Waterfowl etc.

If you have questions or wish to make sure that this information is up-to-date, please contact the Town Clerk, Cindy Abbott, preferably at the Town Office.